The Northern Rhode Island Board of REALTORS® Inc.
The Northern Rhode Island Board of REALTORS® will mark its 100th Centennial Anniversary in 2021.
Originally founded on January 11, 1921 as the Pawtucket Real Estate Exchange by William J. Lynch, our founding principle remains true today: To join together and promote the common goals of the industry and its members. Our vital organization has survived the Great Depression, World War II, The Korean Conflict, The Vietnam War and several modern day military conflicts and economic upheavals.
Over the years, countless professionals have stepped forward to provide leadership for the Board and its prolific portfolio of activities that have enhanced the careers, professionalism and community involvement of our members.
A brief chronology of the Board's evolution:
- 1959 - The Pawtucket Real Estate Exchange becomes the Pawtucket Board of REALTORS®
- 1967 - Pawtucket Board of REALTORS® is incorporated and becomes the Pawtucket Board of REALTORS® Inc.
- 1973 - Name changes officially to Pawtucket-Blackstone Valley Board of REALTORS® Inc.
- 1997 - The Greater Woonsocket Board of REALTORS® merges with the Pawtucket-Blackstone Valley Board of REALTORS® Inc. and, combined, we become the Northern Rhode Island Board of REALTORS® Inc., a registered not-for-profit organization in the state of Rhode Island
- 2012 - NRIBR engaged in a Shared Services Relationship with the Greater Providence Board of REALTORS®
Beyond their professional pursuits, our members have tirelessly contributed to the betterment of all the communities we serve. They have volunteered and serve in leadership roles in countless civic groups such as Habitat for Humanity, The Milk Fund, Adopt A Family, Inc., Family Resources Community Action, Rotary Club International, the Jimmy Fund, Leukemia Society, American Cancer Society, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, the Cumberland & Lincoln Boys and Girls Club, Woonsocket Headstart, Northern RI Food Pantry and Community Care Alliance.
Our primary area of involvement covers Central Falls, Cumberland, Lincoln, North Smithfield, Pawtucket and Woonsocket. However any licensed, real estate professional may join our board. Also, we count among our affiliate members, scores of business professionals who offer products and services related to the real estate business.
Every member volunteer brings new ideas, vitality and enthusiasm that adds to a distinguished heritage of community involvement. Not a member? Join today and become active. Please see the Join Now menu selection above.
Our mission is to provide our members with tools and resources to support their success.